We may ask you to run a traceroute to identify potential issues on your local network connection, or on the route to our servers. This article details how to do this.
- Press Windows Key + R to open the Run window.
- Type ‘cmd’ and press Enter to open the Command Prompt.
- Type ‘tracert’, then a space, then type the IP address or server hostname that we have asked you to run a traceroute to.
- Press Enter. The traceroute will now run.
- Click the Spotlight icon on the Menu bar – this looks like a magnifying glass.
- Type ‘Network Utility’ into the Spotlight Search field.
- Double click ‘Network Utility’ from the Top Hit list.
- Click on the Traceroute tab.
- Enter the IP address or server hostname that we have asked you to run a traceroute to, then click ‘Trace’. The traceroute will now run.